RUN FOR THE OCEANS is a global movement that harness the power of sport to raise awareness around the threat of marine plastic pollution and inspire action amongst adidas consumers.
We used the Think global-act local approach to illustrate the problem, to increase participation and to show tangible ways of making a difference.
We focused on presenting local environmental issues and their global impact.
• We partnered up with celebrities and Influencers in order to show their unique stories and their individual approaches to the cause, inviting people to join the movement and take part in local events.
• We set up a local event – a kick of run pulling the community of runners, Influencers and sustainability activists together.
• We ran for sustainability. We chose to be one hundred percent ecological.
• Instead of printing posters we cleaned the message to the sidewalks we used Aqua Ads
• Instead of polyester for branding flags we used cotton and other natural and recycled materials
• Catering was vegetarian and served on biodegradable dishes (paper, wood & corn starch plastic)
• info panels