Karim Bartoletti is a multi-award winning producer with great international experience. Born in Switzerland, Karim grew up in Iran, Italy, and the USA, and now lives in Milan, Italy.
Karim is a Radio/TV/Film graduate of Northwestern University in Chicago, the city in which he started his career in advertising. DDB/Chicago was his first stop after graduation working in the Budweiser, McDonald's, Mobil Team.
Karim moved to Y&R in 1999, to become the youngest SVP/Head of Production in the US at the time. In Y&R/Chicago, Karim did award-winning work for brands such as Sears, Nascar and Miller Beer, helping turn the agency into a creative entity to reckon with in the USA.
In 2002 Karim moved back to Italy, to become a Partner of Filmmaster Production, one of the most solid production companies in Europe at the time. Times changed though, the business changed, so, in 2015, Karim left the company he had been partners of for 13 years, to become Partner Executive Producer and MD of Advertising and Brand Content at INDIANA Production, a multi-media, multi-platform, Advertising, Film and TV creative production company with offices in Milan, Rome and Los Angeles.
Karim has won every award in the industry, he has participated as a Juror in some of the best Award Shows in our business and he is a regular lecturer, presentor, guest speaker at various schools, shows and events in Italy and abroad.
Karim is also an Elected Board Member of the ADCI — The Italian Art Director's Club as well as a Board Member of CPA - the Association of Italian Advertising Production Companies.
He speaks 4 languages - of which 3 on a daily basis - and lives in Milan with his wife Mariana - who he married 20-years ago in 3 separate ceremonies in Chicago, Campinas (Brasil) and Washington DC - and his 2 kids, Yasmin and Leo.
Karim in a few Tweets
- Others say about me that I am as professional as I am fun (I have not understood if that is a good or a bad thing yet…the jury is still out).
- My biggest challenge is to find - and do - good work with great talent and for brave clients.
- My mantra is: ideas are born when they are produced. Production is the “skin” you put on an idea to show it to your audience, because production is the only way you can make any audience see, show, feel and share a good, engaging and entertaining creative idea.
- An award-winning project should be a comunicative reflection of its client and the creative explosion of its collaborative talents: it must have the taste that you have never tasted and the engagement that you did not realize you wanted to engage with. It should have the look that you have never seen, which makes you feel the feeling that you did not think that you would ever feel, all packaged with the surprising simplicity that makes you say “I wish I had thought of that”.
- My advice to the nominees: show us the amazing courage you brought to life and do it in the funniest way possible for us to understand.
- The Nature of Events is what happens when you intersect what you see and think and write on a piece of paper with the reality of things that live in a world kept together by gravity.