As the Head of Global Events and part of the Customer Engagement Leadership Team, Michiel leads the team that drives Ericsson’s global event initiatives. This includes both digital, physical experiences and mixed events. Example event deliveries of the team include Mobile World Congress, Digital Transformation World and the award-winning R&D Digital Summit. Ericsson´s events connect audiences with the authentic nature of their brand through participation in personally relevant, credible and memorable experiences. Michiel always had a passion for events and studied Event Management at the NHTV in Breda, The Netherlands. At present, Michiel resides in Stockholm, Sweden. Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology, and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries, and society as a whole.
Michiel in a few Tweets
- Others say about me that I am very positive person.
- My biggest challenge is to continuously innovate our events in all aspects. Like finding efficiencies in event management, and discover new technological possibilities to evolve our experiences.
- An award-winning project must be out of the ordinary, have clear objectives and a set of well thought through KPI´s.
My advice to the nominees is present with a data based mindset.
- The Nature of Events is all about creating long lasting experiences and brining people together.
- Collaboration in events is everything. Event management is one of the ultimate expressions of team work. Different people and skills are needed to deliver a world class event.
- "Co-creation" makes me think of successful events. Events are to me the ultimate form of team work.