Head of Global Events
As the Head of Global Events and part of the Customer Engagement Leadership Team, Michiel is heading the team that drives Ericsson´s global event initiatives. This includes both digital, physical experiences and mixed events. Example event deliveries of the team include Mobile World Congress, Digital Transformation World and the award winning R&D Digital Summit. Ericsson´s events connect audiences with the authentic nature of their brand through participation in personally relevant, credible and memorable experiences. Michiel always had a passion for events and he studied Event Management at the NHTV in Breda, The Netherlands. Currently Michiel resides in Stockholm, Sweden. Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole. Michiel in a few Tweets
- Others say about me that… I am positive 24/7.
- My biggest challenge is… to make sure everyone in our team is happy and ready to deliver great events globally.
- The one thing I cannot do without is… my family and friends.
- An awards-winning project must… be result oriented, data driven and out of the ordinary.
- My advice to the nominees is… to stand out from the crowd and show your projects´ results using data.