P. Alejandra Hernández Zita
The BEA Nature Reserve: making your events sustainable
The nature of events is more and more about protecting the planet. Alejandra Hernández Zita is sustainability consultant at the Global Destination Sustainability Index. She will take you on an interactive trip to the BEA Nature Reserve: where events are no longer threatening planet Earth.
Takeaways: This workshop will help you evaluate the sustainability index of your events and will show you how to do better.
Pioneer of sustainable events in the Latin America region. Certified Sustainable Events Professional by the Events Industry Council. 18 years’ of experience in the tourism sector, working in DMC agencies in Cancun, Riviera Maya and Los Cabos, and for large hotel chains such as Hilton, JW Marriott, Fiesta Americana.
Designer and instructor of CES, the first Sustainable Events Certificate in México and Latin América.
Responsible for the development of the Global Destination Sustainability Index in the LATAM Region, delivering advisory services to destinations, event organisers and venues. GDS-Index is the leading global sustainability benchmarking and performance improvement programme for meetings and events destinations.
Member of the education committee of the MPI Caribe Mexicano Chapter.
Currently finalising a Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourism at UCI, University of International Cooperation of Costa Rica.
Alejandra a few Tweets
- In my session I expect from you to arrive on time, participate, enjoy, share and be ready to learn and meet new people.
- In my session you will learn a simple methodology for implementing sustainable events, to understand the importance of sustainable events and gain at least 5 best practices on how to implement sustainability into your next event.
- Breaking down borders means partnerships, teamwork, creating community, unity.
- The key to events evolution is openness to change, sustainability, co-creativity.
- The Nature of Events is collaboration.
- Collaboration in events is connecting people, exchange.
- “Co-creation” makes me think of interaction, co-innovation.