Fireside Chat: Globalization. A Blessing or Curse?
Cross-border culture, climate change, terrorism and security constantly require to breaking routines and to adapt to this ever changing world. Otherwise it leads to more and more regulations and demand for global standards. These global challenges are are also facing the events and experience industry. Discuss with global experts the impact of globalization and regulations and learn from creative best practices what they’ve done when faced with these challenges.
Sabbas Joseph, Co-Founder & Director Director, Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Jeannine Koch, Director, re:publica
Claudia van’t Hullenaar, Founder, Sustained Impact
Maayke Könemann, Strategic Relationship Marketer, ING Bank
Charles Bahr, Founder, tubeconnect media
To Attract a Gen Z Customer, Ask a Gen Z Customer. How Communication Works in the Era of Social Natives
How to influence and optimize communication for digital natives? Which platforms do young people use to communicate? What are the relevant networks – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat? Which content really catches their attention and how can we engage them for events? Understand why influencer marketing is such a powerful medium also the events industry.
-Discover what influencer marketing is and how to attract the young generations
-Learn the advantages of influencer marketing for live communication
-Understand the steps to take to create a successful campaign
- My passion in life is... to build up businesses around my passion and the things I really enjoy in life together with the people who push me further.
- Others say about me that... I am extremely motivated when it comes to quick late-night work sessions or early morning flights, where I am always in a good mood.
- My biggest challenge is... to destroy the stereotype of the age being just a number and disrupt the branch of old advertisement media agencies.
- Creative thinking in events means... to really focus on the creative being the variable of success when it comes down to simple campaigns on social media.
- I share my knowledge at Bea World because... I really think there is a lot that the „older generations“ simply don’t realize when it comes to customer and event experience in Gen Z. My best advice to event planners is to really listen to what their fans and clients (visitors) are saying about them. Festivals win today because they listened to their fans and target group, not the money.
- My best advice to event planners is... to really listen to what their fans and clients (visitors) are saying about them. Festivals win today because they listened to there fans and target group, not the money.