Rolf started with Medicine studies, followed by studies in Marketing and Communication when already active in the advertising world: for 4 years he worked for Young & Rubicam’s Pharma Division. This was followed by an invitation to build up a similar agency for Saatchi & Saatchi.
After almost 10 years in advertising, he decided to give his life a complete new spin by changing culture, branch, language and side of the fence within one move. As head of marketing communication, he joined the Czech car manufacturer Škoda in 2002. In 2008 it was ‘go East’ again, as he became marketing director for Škoda’s launch in China, the biggest automobile market worldwide. In 2010, he returned to Mladá Boleslav, responsible for the Global Marketing Communication of Škoda Auto for the following 6 years. In 2017 he took care of New Market Entries, followed in the beginning of 2018 by heading the biggest Brand Marketing Project in the History of Skoda - the Brand Boost China. As from April 2019, he is in charge of marketing support for Škoda’s high potential markets in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Overseas.
Rolf in a few Tweets
- Others say about me that they like my haircut.
- My biggest challenge is doing sports regularly.
- An award-winning project must tick these boxes: be multichannel, stay in touch with the audience longer than just for the event, have surprising/unseen/creative aspects, have a good ROI.
- My advice to the nominees: put effort into the video and a personal presentation.
- The Nature of Events is the most complete brand experience.
- Collaboration in events is a win-win-win-win-win…
- “Co-creation” makes me think of the biggest chance for involvement and commitment.