Jan started his career in a global marketing research firm. He became one of the categories’ (FMCG) management pioneers in the 90s, at the helm of the whole EMEA region. He subsequently moved to one of the world‘s largest beer brewers in various marketing and trade marketing roles. Since then, he’s been relentlessly trying to raise the quality and effectiveness of events and brand campaigns. In 2010 Jan decided to leave the corporate world and focus on developing and providing local premium event services, which he continues to do as the company’s CEO. Over the last few years, he has increasingly invested his energy in improving the Czech event environment. As well as teaching at the University of Economics in Prague, Jan has active roles in several industry organisations (e.g., Prague Convention Bureau, AVIXA, etc.), and two years ago co-founded the Czech Event Association, which he currently chairs. Jan is married, has 2 teenage daughters and lives in Prague.
Jan in a few Tweets
- Others say about me that I am a little chaotic at the first sight, but I know exactly what I'm doing. And I do it right. Others like me as a story-teller.
- My biggest challenge is doing right things at the right time.
- An award-winning project must have a purpose, translate it to its goals and deliver those at the lowest cost.
- My advice to the nominees: tell us the story of the best event in the world.
- The Nature of Events is people gathering, working, enjoying and talking about an event, so that other people regret they missed it.
- Collaboration in events means that if things go wrong during an event, it does not matter what/who the cause is. Every agency or supplier has the same plan: a successful event.
- “Co-creation” makes me think of different fields of expertise that meet in something new and unique.