BEA WORLD JURY PRESIDENT - Marketing Director
Gerd De Bruycker
Gerd De Bruycker is a marketing director at Cisco Systems, responsible as the Cmo for Northern Europe and leading the Emea Events Team. He is specialized in how event marketing is integrated into the overall marketing mix as part of customer journeys and audience touchpoint strategies. He and his team are responsible for Cisco's top events in the region, like Cisco Live, Cisco’s trade show participation, event strategy and country event enablement services. Before joining Cisco over 7 years ago, he worked for almost a decade at Microsoft mainly in event marketing roles on a country, regional and worldwide level. He is also a guest lecturer at a high school in Belgium. Gerd in a few Tweets
- Others say about me that... I deliver what I promise #becauseIsaidIwould.
- My biggest challenge is... carpe diem, enjoying every single moment.
- The one thing I cannot do without is... besides my wife and children, time for myself to be alone.
- An awards-winning project must... touch my heart and mind.
- My advice to the nominees: Creativity in events means pushing the boundaries and doing things differently, outside the norm.