The prestigious Bea World Grand Prix 2020 goes to a Hybrid Brand Experience Event from Italy. The perfect ending for an all-digital edition of the 4-day Festival, which assembled the most influential community of event professionals from across the world.
The ‘Oscars’ of events have finally been unveiled. Last Wednesday night, Bea World Experience Festival celebrated its 15th edition,awarding the best international events of the year. A parade of excellence sparkled on the Festival’s digital stage: a total of 188 events submitted from the 23 countries taking part in the competition, and over 600 delegates attending the ceremony. The entire Festival, in its four days, registered more than 3,500 visits.
The global contest, reserved for events and live communication professionals, was once again an exceptional opportunity to gain qualified visibility at an international level. After two full days of live presentations and voting, and very intense debate, the Jury Panel – led by Stephanie Dubois, Global Event Manager at SAP – was able to proclaim the winners for 2020.
The Bea World Grand Prix 2020 went to Maserati MMXX World Premiere MC20, an event by Feelrouge Worldwide Shows for Maserati. The eventwas also a winner in the “Digital/Hybrid Brand Experience” category.
The event was threefold: a live show, a virtual experience, and a real journey into Maserati’s identity involving key Modena locations. The concept was a unique brand experience that marked the start of a new Maserati Era, and an actual first for the automotive sector. On Wednesday, September 9th, the show became both truly live, with almost 500 guests at the Modena Circuit, and virtual, accompanied remotely by two simultaneous mirror events in New York and Tokyo. The show, which conveyed Maserati’s engaging and exciting heritage, was designed to inspire, avoiding conventional celebration and product launch formats. It was a full immersion in the brand’s soul, celebrating it and revealing its wholly renewed identity. The fast-paced show plunged the spectator in a flow of different segments, including live performances, anamorphic images, and augmented reality, projected on a monumental screen covering a 630 sqm area. The almost cinematic sequence guided guests, both physically present at the circuit and attending via live streaming, towards a new, contemporary vision of Maserati, preparing the way for the culminating moment: the World Première of the new MC20.
“The Jury decided to award this project with the Grand Prix because of its excellence in all its components”, motivated Jury President Stephanie Dubois.
‘Mirror house above the river’, producedby Skudras metropole (Latvia) for Paulig Coffee Latvia, came insecond place,while the bronze went to ‘The 2019 Theatre Olympics in Russia’, by The Directorate of the Saint Petersburg International Cultural Forum (Russia). Feelrouge Worldwide Shows alsowonthetitle of Best Bea World Event Agency.
This amazing edition gave the ICONIC EVENT AWARD to ‘Anything is Possible – Rise in Dubai 2019’ by 9pm Events And Entertainment for AMWAY.
Here is a complete list of the Awards, by single categories:
- B2B DIGITAL/HYBRID EVENT: ‘Landing on Earth. Everyday’, by Next Group for Massey Ferguson – AGCO Group;
- B2B EVENT <€500,000: ‘HEROES. WEAR YOUR BEST’, by Alphaomega for Arena;
- B2B EVENT >€500,000: ‘Anything is Possible – Rise in Dubai 2019’, by 9pm Events And Entertainment for AMWAY;
- B2C DIGITAL/HYBRID EVENT: ‘Uitmarkt’, by XSAGA Festivals for Stichting Uitmarkt/The Uitmarkt Foundation;
- B2C EVENT <€500,000: ‘SamsungZeil, Brand Store Experience Campaign 2019’, by WCOM for Samsung Electronics;
- B2C EVENT >€500,000: ‘The Ease of Being Samsung Connected Living Go-to-Market Campaign 2019’, by Cheil Germany, Faktor 3, Faktor 3 Live for Samsung Electronics GmbH;
- B2I DIGITAL/HYBRID EVENT: ‘TFROMHOME’, by CREATIVE PRO for T-Systems Slovakia;
- B2I EVENT: ‘Behind the spotlight’, by Luka for 4finance;
- DIGITAL/HYBRID BRAND EXPERIENCE: ‘MASERATI MMXX WORLD PREMIERE MC20’, by Feelrouge Worldwide Shows for Maserati;
- BRAND EXPERIENCE: ‘Mirror house above the river’, by Skudras metropole for Paulig Coffee Latvia;
- CULTURAL, MUSICAL AND SPORTING DIGITAL/HYBRID EVENT: ‘BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival’, by MediaMonks for BRIC;
- CULTURAL, MUSICAL AND SPORTING EVENT: ‘BUDX Miami’, by WINK & Octagon for Budweiser, Anheuser-Busch InBev;
- DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: ‘ITS 2020 – HERE WE BELONG’, by Piano B for Eve;
- DIGITAL/HYBRID MEETING, CONVENTION & INCENTIVE: ‘RINGANA virtual Convention 202’,0 by Habegger / Media Apparat / Flave for RINGANA;
- MEETING, CONVENTION & INCENTIVE: ‘To the Red Moon’, by Milestone Events for Coingaming Group;
- EDUCATIONAL/TRAINING EVENT: ‘Bastogne: The roads to freedom’, by Les Nocturnales for Ville de Bastogne;
- NON-PROFIT/CSR DIGITAL/HYBRID EVENT: ‘Istanbul Backgammon Tournament’, by Atolye Grup for Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, International Backgammon Federation, Vodafone Turkey, Backgammon Stars, Ozan Electronic Money, Passo;
- NON-PROFIT/CSR EVENT: ‘Day of German Unity’, by CONCEPT X GmbH & Co. KG for Staatskanzlei Schleswig Holstein;
- PROPRIETARY FORMAT: ‘Behind the spotlight’, by Luka for 4finance;
- USE OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY: ‘Landing on Earth. Everyday’, by Next Group for Massey Ferguson – AGCO Group;
- USE OF TECHNOLOGY: ‘Dardust’s Wearable Live Performance’, by NEWU for Sony Music & Spotify;
- VIRTUAL SERVICE: ‘Direct e-conference’, by JAD Productions & XLAB Realtime for Direct insurance a.s.
It is possible to check all entries and winners on Bea World website.
‘Dardust’s Wearable Live Performance’, by NEWU (Italy) for Sony Music & Spotify, won a Special Mention for Best Creativity, and ‘ZeroZeroZero Store’, by M&C Saatchi Milan (Italy) for Sky Italia, won the Special Mention for Business Effectiveness. The Press Award was assigned to ‘TFROMHOME’, by CREATIVE PRO (Slovakia) for T-Systems Slovakia.
The People’s Choice Award, assigned through a popular vote carried out via the virtual platform, went to #PowerOfLiveEvents, by Special Effects International Visual Europe Group and Bo – Live Branding Agency for Budapest Convention Bureau (Hungary).
All Jury members were chosen among corporate event and marketing managers from a representative range of sectors and countries committed to abide by a Code of Ethics. The result was a transparent, live and face-to face competition that avoided conflicts between Jury members and candidates, by preventing jurors from corporations to vote for a project from their own company and sector.
The ceremony, in an all-digital format and inspired by the theme “Simplicity is the new gold”, was hosted by Sandy Nijhuis and Kjell Lutz of Masters in Moderation.
“When the pandemic began, we were worried and concerned about whether to organise Bea World or not this year. From what has happened, in terms of forced innovation, I decided that it was essential to do so”, said Salvatore Sagone, president of ADC Group and Bea World Experience Festival. “From the great response we had, in terms of entries from so many countries, I think it was the right decision. This year’s edition certainly sends a strong message to the market, one of resilience and desire to restart as soon as possible. Event professionals should therefore be proud of their work, which has a great future in spite of the current situation”.