Bea World 2019: the jury is at work to assess entries from 30 countries, the highest number ever.
Agencies from 30 countries across the globe – the highest number ever – have applied for the 14th Best Event Awards – the first and most authoritative event industry award – and are now waiting for the shortlist that will be determined by a preliminary online voting session and will be announced on 16 October via www.beaworldfestival.com.
“We have hit an important goal – says Salvatore Sagone, founder and president of Bea World Festival – and we are deeply satisfied with the results, as we managed to keep up with last year’s record numbers in terms of entries and participating agencies. All this considering that the economies of certain countries have been in deadlock and the European live communication market in 2019 was kind of flat and budget for events were reduced”.
Nonetheless, on a European level, entries from Germany, Belgium, Spain, UK and Austria have increased, while Russia, France and Portugal confirm numbers similar to those of last year. As it was to be expected, due to the many achievements reported in the past edition, India made a great leap forward as for the number of entries. At the same time, a good number of other extra-European countries are competing for the renowned Elephant Awards, including Australia, Brazil, China, Israel, Qatar, UAE and USA.
Italy, Germany, Belgium, Spain, India and Russia are the countries with more entries in this 14th year of the international event award.
“The results confirm how strong the Bea World brand is. Integrity and transparency are main traits of our competition since its very first edition and have acknowledged its success and growth over the years. It is indeed a unique business and networking platform that connects supply and demand. We expect a great affluence of event professionals from all over the world that I am sure will enjoy the Festival more than ever, as this year it will be hosted, in the wider frame of the whole Live Communication Week, in Milan, our hometown. Here, we are involved at the forefront of the organisation and we will deploy, as partners, the best Italian industry professionals to offer participants a really great and fulfilling experience with regards to their expectations”, adds Sagone.
The projects are now being assessed by an influential Jury chaired by Alexander Safonov from Russia, Global Event Director at Oriflame, and consisting of top representatives with national or international responsibility from corporate companies, as well as members of local national event agencies’ associations from different countries around the world.
The Jury panel of the 14th Best Event
Awards is composed by:
- Carlo Colpo, Lavazza, Global Head of Marketing Communication – ITALY
- Andrea Faflíková, The Lego Group, Regional Senior Brand Relations and Event Manager – CZECH REPUBLIC
- Michiel Pool, Ericsson, Head of Global Events – SWEDEN
- Ulrike Tondorf, Bayer, Head of Live & Experience Branding – GERMANY
- Karim Bartoletti, Indiana Production, Partner/Executive Producer – ITALY
- Luca Bizzarri, FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, BTL & Auto Shows Manager – EMEA Region – ITALY
- Tata Burduli, Georgian Football Association, Head of Events – GEORGIA
- Paulo Campos Costa, Energias De Portugal, Global Brand, Marketing & Communications Director – PORTUGAL
- Andrea Danihelova, VSE Holding Group, Head of Communication Department and Spokesperson – SLOVAKIA
- Stephanie Dubois, SAP, Event Director, SAPPHIRE NOW – FRANCE
- Belén Fierro, Airbus, Head of Protocol and Events Spain – SPAIN
- William Galimberti, Red Bull, Global Event Marketing Manager – ITALY
- Elling Hamso, Event ROI Institute, Managing Partner – NORWAY
- Jan Kubinec, Czech Event Association, President – CZECH REPUBLIC
- Pilar Jimenez-Pardo, Sage, Event Manager-SPAIN
- Henrik Lervold, Head of Marketing and Communication, PwC – NORWAY
- Guido Morozzi, Club degli Eventi e della Live Communication, Ambassador – ITALY
- Michael Mueller, Samsung Electronics, Head of Brand Activation & Special Projects – GERMANY
- Sandra Plachá, Daimler, Head of Marketing and Product – CZECH REPUBLIC
- Jane Reeve, FERRARI, Chief Communication Officer – ITALY
- Jaime Sanchez, AEVEA, International Committee – SPAIN
- Rolf Schumann, Škoda Auto, Manager Brand Boost Asia, Africa, Middle East and Overseas – GERMANY
- Christian Seidenstucker, ILEA, President – GERMANY
- Jan Sidemo, Volvo Cars, Senior Director Global Events – SWEDEN
- Julius Solaris, EventMB, Editor in Chief – ITALY
- Thomas Wieringa, Pernod Ricard, Head of Experience & Advocacy – GERMANY
- Yulia Zholya, NAOM, President – RUSSIA
Jury members’ profiles can be consulted here.
On 28 November, in Milan, during the Bea World Festival – Where Creativity Meets Business, all nominees will have the chance to showcase their projects live to both the Jury and an audience of peers and will then be assessed again to establish the winners of the Best Event Awards. Winners will be announced on 29 November, during the Bea World Awards Ceremony.
Bea World Festival will take place in Milan from 27 to 30 November 2019. It will offer all participants the opportunity to see the world’s best-in-class events live, to network with peers and industry leaders and to learn business strategies and new trends through inspiring keynotes, technical workshops and 1-on-1 meetings with leading experts.
To gain access to all this and be part of Bea World it is necessary to purchase a Delegate pass (special promotions are available for entrant agencies’ Corporate Clients, and a “Buy two & get 50% off the third” offer also applies).