An interview to Alexander Safonov, Bea World Jury President
Alexander Safonov, Global Event Director at Oriflame Cosmetics, will chair the corporate Jury of the Best Event Awards 2019. Together with his team, Alexander is responsible for Oriflame’s major global and regional events. He received several professional event awards in Russia and 4 EuBea awards and has been a member of the jury of the Best Event Awards for a few years now. Before joining Oriflame, Alexander led all main marketing campaigns for Microsoft Russia.
We have reached him and asked him a few questions about Bea World Festival and some tips for participants to impress the Jury.
- What are the most valuable takeaways you have gained by being a Bea World jury member for the past years?
Number one is inspiration. Being a jury member allows you to see truly best-in-class projects from around the world. Second – networking. You do hang out with the best in the live com industry, you widen your network and learn from each other. And learning is the third and probably the most valuable takeaway – you learn from the best submissions, you learn from your peers and network and you learn from the great line-up of top industry speakers at the Festival.
- In your opinion, what is the added value of taking part in the Best Event Awards for event agencies?
In addition to the opportunity to be recognized on a global level, it will help them increase their brand awareness, meet new partners and suppliers and catch new business opportunities.
- What advice would you give to agencies competing for Bea World Festival?
1) Highlight (to yourself, first of all) why you think your submitted event is worth to be awarded.
2) Answer all questions in the online form fully but briefly;
3) Choose the right category(-ies) for your submission;
4) Prepare well for the live presentation in front of the Jury, be excited and don’t let the jury fall asleep during your presentation 🙂