What makes an award-winning entry? A message from Bea World 2018 Jury President
By Gerd De Bruycker
Do you want to be recognized as one of the best in the worldwide events and experiential marketing industry? Don´t hesitate and have a look at www.beaworldfestival.com and submit your entry. You can apply between 7th May and 21st September 2018.
Last March – in the beautiful island of Sao Miguel in the Azores (Portugal) – I was elected for the second time in three years to be the jury president for the Best Event Awards (a global competition dedicated to events and live communication). First time was 3 years ago in Saint Petersburg, Russia. This time the festival will take place in Coimbra, Portugal, where an international jury of corporate event managers will judge all entries and grant certificates of excellence and quality to the winners of different categories. Here you can find a list of the categories.
Your top reasons to enter can be:
- Be recognized as the best and gain business advantage
- Be acknowledged in front of an international corporate jury
- Choose a transparent, live, and face-to-face competition
- Learn from your peers and competitors
- Get international media coverage
Though, what makes an award winning entry? I hope I am allowed to speak in name of the whole jury. We will be judging each submission on a number of criteria, including the following:
- Creativity and innovation: Creative idea to support the objectives of the event. Creativity is not just an idea, it can also be an innovative approach to event aspects.
- ROI, effectiveness: We are all doing event marketing in a digital world. ROI is key in today´s marketing world. We, as corporate event marketers need to prove the ROI of our events and how they fit into the overall marketing mix. From brand awareness to lead generation.
- Channel or communication strategy: How effective have you been in addressing and communication with your audience.
These are the main criteria that we will judge upon during the online voting. Make sure that your entry is pitching these criteria.
When you entry will be selected to be presented at the festival itself (this will happen in Coimbra, Portugal on 22nd November 2018), you should take an additional element into account. In Coimbra it is all about your face-to-face pitch to us. Convince us why you should win, what was different, what is pushing the boundaries of our industry. And do this in an inspiring and energetic way.
The festival itself is an essential meeting place and networking event for the international event community. Three inspiring days full of creativity, networking opportunities, knowledge transfer and destination experiences will culminate in the Awards Ceremony celebrating outstanding events and the winners of the Best Event Awards.
Do you want to stand out in the international events industry? Do you have projects that are pushing the boundaries of our marketing discipline? Do not hesitate and submit your best projects here to win a golden elephant award.
Best of luck and hopefully we meet in Coimbra in November.
Bea World Festival, where creativity meets business