GERMANY – From Vienna with love: myAustrian opens direct flight Shanghai Vienna with Vok Dams
Love formed the leitmotif of all the different elements of the event that celebrated the opening of the direct flight line by Austrian Airlines: everything accentuated the close relationship between Vienna and Shanghai and all guests were acquainted with this loveable European metropolis.
Imagine, you receive a love letter, which invites you to an event. This was the first surprise in store for the international guests of the exclusive launch event to celebrate the opening of the direct flight line Shanghai-Vienna by Austrian Airlines.
Fittingly, the color red could be used as central design feature, as it not only represents success in China but is also the corporate design color of myAustrian – and ultimately red is also the color of love. True to the motto “Falling in love with Vienna – your journey starts with us”, the guests experienced an expedition of the culture and the specific charm of the Austrian capital.
This task was as if made especially for the Shanghai-based office of international event specialist Vok Dams. With its intercultural competence, the agency prevailed in the pitch and established ties between Shanghai and Vienna with a very emotional concept. Apart from the concept and design of the event, Vok Dams was also responsible for the complete implementation of the opening of the direct flights.
Highlight of the event was the “Red Ribbon Cutting Ceremony“ at the international airport Shanghai-Pudong. It was from here that the Boeing 777 of the Austrian airline took off for the first time to the destination Vienna.
In the evening, more than 150 guests were invited to an “expedition through Vienna” to properly honor the start of the direct line. Here they experienced:
– myJoy – a reproduction of the swing rides from the famous Viennese Prater
– myCoffeehouse – a coffee tasting experience in an authentic Viennese coffee house atmosphere
– myArt – an installation with 777 small airplanes (corresponding to Boeing 777)
– myDance – an interactive Viennese dance performance
– myMusic – a selection of known Austrian artists
– myDelight – the Portman Ritz-Carlton supplied a variety of Austrian delicacies at different live cooking stations